Monday, September 18, 2006

Snow

It was snowing the whole morning! Metled by this afternoon byut thismornign was bitter. Lots of juimpers and the first time my hair has met a hat in a long time. Things didn;t go too well but the hair had to suffer - it was too cold without the hat. Not quite sure if I will cope witht he -40! -4 seemed enough for me!

Spent the weekend in bed with a temperature and a cold but better today. The amount of weird medicines I have been given is crazy. Everyone who knew I was ill ave me their own remedy... on Saturday everning I was painted in with some red liquid which stung...and the one thing that worked... Day Nurse from home! Think I will keep an illness quite in the future...

Interpreter is on the up. The policeman on duty in the mayors office asked me to phone his sister who is visiting for a omnth and wou;ld like work experience. Spoke to her on the phone expecting the ususal broken English and was met with a fluentEnglish speaker. She is her from the West where she works with an oil firm and is bored at home while her husband works so would like to help me out to practice her English. Meeting on Wednesday and I hope she wants to work with me... I've got meetings lined up if she says yes!

Spent the morning in a school - gave a seminar on volunteering in Russian which was a little fly by the seat of your pants kinda thing and then gate crashed two English lessons which was quite fun apart from the kids don;'t really speak English - they write and know grammer and translations so a little hard work. Afternoon spent working on analysis of volunteering int he town - sounds very grand but really just my observatiosn to date and a plan for what I will do in the enxt omnth.

Going to buy coat tomorrow. Tried on one today and looked like Michalen man.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Ketteley said...

My spelling is not that bad - try typing in sub artic condictions on a russian key board whichi is from the early 1990s and then see how good the spelling is!

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home