Thursday, August 03, 2006

So here is my first post... thanks to Paul for getting this all online and setting me up. Cheers. I'm not sure what I should be writing here but I am sure that will come with time.

At the moment I am feeling very confused. My feelings towards Kazakhstan keep on changing every hour. One moment I cannot wait to get out there and then the next I feel like will never be able to cope and that I am completely out my depth. In reality I guess I am somewhere in between the two but it does not feel like that now!

People keep on asking me what is it that I will miss. Apart from family and friends I think it will be missing shared memories... while I am away from the UK and London you all will be taking your lives forward and creating new memories and I am a little sad that I will be missing out on these. I suppose this happens whatever you do and wherever you are but I do think this is the biggest thing that I will miss....

Just so you know my movements I will outline them. I fly out on BA (not bad!) on Satuday at 13.05 from LHR. Its a 9 hour flight with a stopover somewhere in Russia. I arrive on Sunday morning and I'll be heading for a hotel where I will be based for the next two weeks while I am having language and cultural training in Almaty (the former capital right down in the south near the Kyrgystan border). I think I have 30 hours of Russian training over the two weeks. I'm flying with Tina - a woman who I met with on the training course I went on before graduation - who is going to remain in Almaty to develop a support group for parents with disabled kids.

Anyway I will no doubt post something soon so keep looking. I will do my best to get on online as often as possible and update things but until I get out there I have no idea how often I will be able to...

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home